Saturday, August 13, 2016

Coffee Company Protects Customers from Trump

"City Brew" is a small chain of coffee shops, headquartered in Billings, Montana. I was having a latte in one of their shops in Missoula, Montana, wearing a ball cap that read "Trump 2016." The manager of the store informed me that my cap was offending other customers. I was sitting quietly, reading, and was doing nothing else to get anyone's attention. I was just quietly wearing my ball cap.

I have worn election year ball caps for every presidential election since the 1980's, and prior to this incident, have never been told by a retail store that my attire was offensive. The idea that supporting one of the candidates is "offensive" speaks to the irrationality of the the people who advocate having a known criminal in the White House.

However, what shocked me was the unprofessional attitude of the staff of City Brew.

No comments: